Monday, November 3, 2014

Homework Blues




       As I shuffled into the classroom, I knew that Mr. Van Camp would never believe me. I looked at my scuffed shoes and mumbled, " My homework is not done, Sir. I do have a good excuse though."

       " This is not the first time your homework has not been completed. Perhaps," Mr. Van Camp suggested, "it's time to speak with your parents."

       "Please, you have no idea what will happen to me if you phone my home," I moaned. It looked as if he was going to fall for my story.

      "Well, let's hear your excuse. It better be good."

       "As I was packing my bag, I spilt my bowl of cereal on my stuff. It ruined everything that I worked so hard on."
I gave him a disappointed look.

        Mr. Van Camp just stared hard at me for a few seconds. I could tell by the look he was giving me that he wasn't very pleased.

         "So, you spilt your breakfast all over your work, huh?"

         "Yes Mr. Van Camp, I'm being serious, I can even show you!" I weeped.

         Mr. Van Camp sighed. "No, no, it's fine. I'm just a little disappointed that you have to redo this. I hope you do know that you're going to lose marks due to this not being handed in on time."

        "I understand. It sucks that I'm going to lose those marks but at least it is better than getting a call home. I promise I'll have my work done for tomorrow."

        "That would be greatly appreciated. I'll be expecting that work from you tomorrow."

         I smiled, then turned around and went to my seat to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment